Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So Long, Summer~


With this suddenly chilly weather, I'm doing some good reflecting on our summer. It has been awesome. But, you wouldn't know it from the looks of our blog . . . I guess we've been too busy to report back about anything. Looking at our calendar, I realized that we haven't been in our home for more than 1 1/2 weeks at any time since early June. We're finally settling back into real life and there's something surprisingly alluring about the fall temps.

. . . I know, weird. We went to the pool last night for one last hoorah and Miles' lips and the surrounding flesh were decidedly blue by the time we left. Thankfully, he was too busy partying with his new basketball to notice.

Sweet summer, I'm going to miss you. What will we do without pool days and popsicles and flip flops? It's going to be rough . . . but we'll get through it. I think it's the cute little boy fall fashions that are somehow managing to excite me about pumpkins, cinnamon, and the inevitably changing leaves.

3 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Although your post is inspiring . . .I'M STILL BUMMED ABOUT SUMMER BEING OVER.

Serious. So sad. Ho hum.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a little man he has turned in to! He is so handsome!! You guys need to come up to the mountains with us soon! we haven't seen you since Reese was 2 months!! She is starting to walk...she is now 10 1/2 months. I am sure she will have a crush on Miles when she meets him again:)

Devony said...

I walked past Pier 1 Imports yesterday and smelled Fall coming out. It made me excited, but at the same time I get a little sad that our pool days are over for awhile!