Tuesday, January 18, 2011

best.trip.ever

The kiddos are in bed, so here I sit all cuddled up on the sofa with my laptop. Why, you ask? ... because my usual cuddle buddy is in class. This is his first day back after a good 6 week Christmas break. amazing. Never again will we have so much time together. (OK, sure we will ... but we'll never be so young & energetic with so much time together!) haha

OK, you're gonna die when I tell you how we kicked off our break. Seriously, don't hate me. We went to Hawaii. It was a last minute trip that just fell together perfectly. I know, I know ... who do we think we are? ridiculous. I still can't believe we went.


We found a great hotel on Oahu complete with waterslides. Actually, the waterslides pretty much put the deal together. Miles was in heaven.
We divided our time between the pool, lagoon, beach, and finding the local hot-spots. Of course, we couldn't let a beach vacation go by without burying our oldest.

Or insisting that our youngest sleep on-the-go.

We did a little fishing (read: catching minnows with a shovel)
tried out paddle-boarding (loved it)
snorkeled

LOVED watching fire dancing at the Polynesian Cultural Center
posed for some pictures (oh Mia)
and (almost) rode the paddle boats. haha
So, apparently these birds were really heavy. Miles was so so so excited about having a bunch of birds sit on him. Oh my goodness, it was so cute. He was just holding this tender little smile despite the talon marks the big red one was leaving on his wrist. Such the trooper.
And then, when it came time to go, he insisted upon dragging two bags down to the car. Did I mention he's not even 4 yet? He was actually a big help bc, of course, we hauled all of our own luggage down to avoid an extra tip for the bellman. Miles, you're really pulling your weight these days. Seriously, and probably more.

Having so much fun as a family was just perfect.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think my absolute favorite picture is Miles in the snorkeling outfit. Too cute.

Molly said...

wow, looks so dreamy! I feel bad, in all the rush to get to Christmas and coming back, I hadn't heard about all of this. Glad you guys had a great trip...looks amazing!

Brittany Simmons said...

hooray for hawaii pictures! Jealous, yes, but so glad somebody could enjoy it and happy it was you! man i wish i was at the beach.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh gosh! I am drooling over the warmth I am feeling from these pictures! That is our families favorite VACA to date! Looks like you had a blast! The kids are just so darn cute!

Kookie said...

Seriously?!? Hawaii?!? Way to go!! Enjoy the student life while you can. Just started checking blogs out after months of being in the dark. Glad I checked in. Good luck with this last semester.