Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bake a Pie!

I've decided it's time to learn to make a good pie crust. For my first experiment, I opened up my mom's old Betty Crocker Cookbook from 1969. I burst out laughing when I read the following heading. I just had to share.

"What's the American man's favorite dessert? Most people would agree - it's pie. And heading the list is apple pie. Followed closely by cherry pie, and peach pie, and lemon meringue pie and a lot of others. If you care about pleasing a man - bake a pie!"

Ha! awesome.

Anyway, if any of you Marthas out there have tips, tricks, or recipes to share, I would LOVE it! Thanks and wish me luck!

3 comments:

Molly said...

You did not make that pie...its perfect...who are you? I thought we mastered the pie...remember, you, me, and a little vodka? :)

alli and scott said...

Mol, I should have mentioned ... it ended up pretty good, but far from flaky perfection! So, I'm really serious about asking for pointers ... anyone??? Wait a minute, Molly, that pecan chocolate pie you made us was FAB. We have to talk crusts. :)

Kiffon said...

I have a super yummy, flaky pie crust recipe that turns out perfect every time. Shoot me an email and I will email you back with it. BTW the pie in the picture looks like perfection!

kiffonstock@comcast.net