Wednesday, February 11, 2009

When mama gets desperate


I'd like to say that the cookie above is the result of a delightful afternoon of mommy/son baking ... that we worked together to mix the dough and drizzle the frosting. I'd like that. And, I think Miles would have liked that, too. But, he's not complaining about the way things turned out.

Sandwiched between a couple pressing engagements and getting ready for New Beginnings (big night for the Young Women at church), Miles was planned to take a nap so I could make two dozen blue star cookies for that night. When he woke up after only 45 minutes and I had yet to shower and fully frost my cookies, I knew the day was shot. Mommies out there, you know what I'm talking about.

I figure, it's ok ... we'll work this one out. So, I set Miles up with a cookie and a little bowl of frosting. Problem solved. -not so much- He was mad that he couldn't get in my business and work on my cookies. So, I give him the sprinkles. What's the worst that could happen -- a few hundred sprinkles on his high chair tray? -no big deal- Next thing I know, I look over and half the multi-colored sprinkles are all black and clumped at the top of the shaker (from saliva). So, I figure "why not" and take the lid off the sprinkles and let him have a hay day.


It's always interesting to discover what will ensue when mama gets desperate.

5 comments:

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Sorry I am completely responsible for your desperation, but it's good to know someone else's day was similar to mine yesterday.:) I still haven't even unloaded my car from last night, we're just recovering today. Miles is so adorable and funny with his own little mind about cookie making. Thanks again for everything (your cookies were especially delicious), you're the best! Have fun on your trips and enjoy your break, you've definitely earned it.:)

The Dixon Family said...

You're such a fun mom.

And I bet that was a fun mess to clean up . . .

Karen said...

Oh that's a good mama!! I can totally see events working themselves out in the exact same fashion here. Gotta love them or they make us certifiably insane. Usually both right?!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

If only we had a handbook for days like these! I love the picture of his face...it says it ALL!

Allie said...

How fun! I would love it for Leland to sit stantionary in his high chair:D